Ok, I confess...the last holiday post might have been a bit of a downer. In the interest of riding 2018 out on a lighter note - and inspired by all of those Buzzfeed gift lists that pop up around this time of year - I got to thinking about some items I would actually put on my list for this holiday season. Necessity being the mother of invention and all, here are the things from Santa I wish were, well, actual things:
1. Robots that scan for “Bulk Mail” codes and whisk all of the junk through a pneumatic tube directly to local recycling (preferably installed directly within your mailbox). Also programmable to recognize up to two prior addressees at your location.
2. Earbud labels…or at minimum, a permanent marker with ink that would actually adhere to the surface of a pair of earbuds, instead of your ear (for those with multi-earbud households).
3. A gift card for any brick-and-mortar store that is actually a tiny drone. You could remotely assess parking situations, checkout crowds, return lines, etc. prior to arrival. It would fly back, via GPS tracking, to your location for review and decision-making support (pizza delivery optional).
4. Instead of a Roomba, why couldn’t we have a Shoemba (Shoomba??)? I think this one is self-explanatory.
5. And you know, if Apple is smart enough to figure out how to recognize faces, surely they could come up with an app that automatically deletes stuff like this:
So there you have it. What yet-to-be-conceived item makes your list this year?
p.s. All of you who have been agonizing over what to get me, this is a completely unnecessary but amazing thing that actually does exist :-): https://www.cubinote.com/.
Sara Skillen - Certified Professional Organizer®, coach, wife and mom, and serial list-maker. Excited to be in the process of becoming a Certified Organizer Coach. Learning to trust my intuition more every day. Shall we work together?