Current News: Our next support group meeting is Monday, August 5, 2019 at 6:30 pm, Brentwood United Methodist Church, Room A392.
TOPIC: Stay tuned...
Hope to see you all there!
ADDNashville is a support group for adults diagnosed with attention deficit disorder. There is no cost. The group offers mutual support and an opportunity to share successful coping strategies. To sign up for email reminders of meetings, click to see Terry Huff's website to be added to the list.
The group is hosted by Terry M. Huff, LCSW, and Sara Skillen, COC®, CPO®. Additional details:
- First and third Mondays of each month
- 6:30 to 8:00 pm
- Brentwood United Methodist Church, 309 Franklin Road, Brentwood, TN 37207
- Room A392.
These guidelines are intended to encourage a safe, accepting, and supportive environment. We want everyone to participate. Our 90-minute meeting provides opportunities to practice being mindful of others when speaking and listening, to maintain awareness of time and balanced participation, and to share ideas and strategies for living well with ADHD.
Awareness of individuals:
1. Practice listening.
2. Avoid interrupting.
3. Be mindful of the time and others who want to speak.
4 Avoid language that can offend.
5. Practice acceptance of differences (gender, cultural, ethnic, personal).
6. Do not offer advice unless the speaker is requesting it.
7. If your attempt to speak goes unnoticed, make yourself visible as necessary
Awareness of the Group:
1. Avoid getting lost in long stories.
2. Don't carry on a conversation with the person next to you. Address the group instead.
3. Refrain from sharing personal stories and names of participants outside the group.
4. Silence electronic devices. You may use them to look up pertinent information.
5. Try to arrive on time, but respect that time-blindness is an ADHD feature.
6. Be a participant, not a therapist or group manager.
7. Avoid divisive speech and political discourse. We all belong in this group.
Questions? Contact Sara to learn more.